Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Various Artists - The Music of George Gershwin (194?)

Songs of George Gershwin sung by Dinah Shore, Buddy Clark, Marion Marlowe, Jane Russell, Helen Ward, Lee Wiley, Kate Smith, Feliecia Sanders, and The Modernaires. I got pretty into Gershwin after the Brian Wilson Gershwin album came out last summer. This is one of the best Gershwin LP's I've found. I can't seem to find anything out about it online, including cover art (I'll take a picture or scan sometime). But from the sleeve/record, it was released on Harmony (HL 7050), aside from that I can't find out much else, but it's some good 1940's versions of George Gershwin classics sung by some singers that were pretty big back then. These songs remind me of what I thought of New York before I actually went there.

Tracklist:
1. Marion Marlowe - The Man I Love
2. Dinah Shore and Buddy Clark - 'S Wonderful
3. Jane Russell - Do It Again
4. The Modernaires - Bidin' My Time
5. Helen Ward - Nice Work If You Can Get It
6. Dinah Shore and Buddy Clark - Summertime
7. Lee Wiley and Bobby Hackett - I've Got A Crush On You
8. Felicia Sanders - How Long Has This Been Going On
9. Kate Smith - Somebody Loves Me
10. Dinah Shore - They Can't Take That Away From Me

Download: mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment