Monday, November 22, 2010

Mineral - End Serenading (1998)

This is the only thing Mineral's put out that I've really been able to get into, it's a great album though. I've read a few reviews saying it lacks the "raw beauty" of the bands earlier work, which I completely disagree with. Sure, the album is a bit more produced, but it's still a very beautiful album. The way the two opening tracks tie together is damn near perfect, and in my opinion this is some of the best 90's emo there is. Amazing guitar melodies and personal lyrics.  This is another album I think is great for morning, or evening winter train rides. Maybe it's just me, but I kind of get a Beach Boys God Only Knows-ish vibe from a couple songs on this album.


Tracklist:
1. LoveLetterTypewriter
2. Palisade
3. GJS
4. Unfinished
5. For Ivadell
6. Waking To Winter
7. A Letter
8. Sounds Like Sunday
9. &Serenading
10. The Last Word Is Rejoice

Download mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment