Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Beach Boys - The Beach Boys (1985)

I've been going through a big 1970's/1980's Beach Boys phase lately. Most of the 1970's stuff is really great but the 1980's stuff is generally pretty cheesy. This album, released in 1985, was their first album in 5 years and an attempt to regain past glories. While it's not an extraordinary listen, or really anything special at all, there are a few enjoyable moments through out the album. I'm a big fan of the Mike Love and Terry Melcher pennedopening single "Getcha Back", which has a similar feel to "Do It Again". It's a real heavy hitter.

Tracklist:
1. Getcha Back
2. It's Gettin' Late
3. Crack At Your Love
4. Maybe I Don't Know
5. She Believes In Love Again
6. California Calling
7. Passing Friend
8. I'm So Lonely
9. Where I Belong
10. I Do LoveYou
11. It's Just A Matter Of Time

Download: mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment