Friday, April 22, 2011

Howlin' Wolf - His Greatest Sides: Volume One (1967)

Howlin' Wolf's one of my favorite blues musicians. His sound's raw and gritty and I love it. Most of the songs on this LP feature Hubert Sumlin on guitar, who's famous for teaching Eric Clapton how to play. Hubert Sumlin's nephew, Gary Martin, lives in Calgary and plays in a really great band called Gary Martin And The Heavenly Blues, if you ever have a chance to check them out, I would highly recommend it. I've seen them about 20 times and they always put on a great show.

Tracklist:
1. Down In The Bottom
2. No Place To Go
3. Sitting On Top Of The World
4. Smokestack Lightnin'
5. The Red Rooster
6. Spoonful
7. Evil
8. Killing Floor
9. Do The Do
10. I Ain't Superstitous
11. Who's Been Talkin'
12. Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy
13. Back Door Man
14. Wang Dang Doodle

Download: mediafire

1 comment:

  1. You can't go wrong with Howlin' Wolf if you want to listen to great blues music. Just ask Jimmy Page. Ha ha... There's some great tracks on this collection. "Sitting On Top Of The World" is probably my favorite of the bunch, but I know most of these tracks. Good link, piracy or no piracy.

    ReplyDelete