Friday, April 22, 2011

Chris Bell - I Am The Cosmos (1992)

Chris Bell from Big Star's sole solo album. Though this album recalls the energetic power-pop of Big Star, the songs on this album are much more reflective and highly personal. At the time this was recorded, Chris Bell had claimed he had dropped out of music, and took a management position at his fathers fast food restaurant in Memphis, while he continued to grapple with clinical depression. The only songs from this album ever released during Bell's life time are "I Am The Cosmos" backed with "You And Your Sister" (which features backing vocals from former band mate Alex Chilton). Though the "I Am The Cosmos" single was well-received, it wasn't until 1992, 14 years after Bell was killed instantly in a car accident after driving home from working at his fathers fast food restaurant, that these recordings were ever officially issued.

Tracklist:
1. I Am The Cosmos
2. Better Save Yourself
3. Speed Of Sound
4. Get away
5. You And Your Sister
6. Make A Scene
7. Look Up
8. I Got Kinda Lost
9. There Was A Light
10. Fight At The Table
11. I Don't Know
12. Though I Know She Lies

Download: mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment