Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine (1967)

Cincinnati bubblegum pop. What separates these guys from most bubblegum bands is that they actually wrote their own songs and have a slightly harder edge (there's a bit of fuzz! and some cool almost Boettcher-ish production techniques), and they're really great! I don't know too much about these guys, and I just picked this album up today and I'm listening to it now for the first time, but I think if you're into bubblegum, you'll be pleasantly surprised with this.

Tracklist:
1. Rice Is Nice
2. Shoeshine Boy
3. Turn Around Take A Look
4. Rainbow Tree
5. Ask Me If I Care
6. Stragglin' Behind
7. Green Tambourine
8. Blueberry Blue
9. The Shoemaker Of Leatherwear Square
10. Fifty Year Void
11. Through With You

Download: mediafire

1 comment: