Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Salt Chunk Mary - Demos 1992-93

After the Dancing Hoods post, here's a little bit more Sparklehorse history. After Dancing Hoods broke up, Mark Linkous moved back to Virginia and joined the band The Johnson Family with his brother Matt, as well as former members of the band Honor Role, Steve Schick and Chip Jones. The band eventually changed their name to Salt Chunk Mary, and in their short life span released 9 demo songs, one of which is an early version of "Someday I Will Treat You Good" which was Mark Linkous' first hit as Sparklehorse, and was also included on the movie Laurel Canyon starring Christian Bale (which Mark also makes a cameo appearance in).

Thanks to chromewaves these demo recordings have become available online, though while you have to download each file individually from him, I put them into a .rar file to make things a little easier, but I definitely recommend checking out his blog, because without him, this post wouldn't be possible.

Tracklist:
1. Won't Know If You Don't Try
2. Rest Your Worried Mind
3. Instrumental
4. Someday I Will Treat You Good
5. I Take It All Back
6. There Ain't Nobody But You
7. Break My Mind
8. I
9. Sorry Now

Download: mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment