Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bardo Pond - Bardo Pond (2010)

First album I've posted on this blog that's been released this decade. Newest release from Philadelphia psych-rock band Bardo Pond. I've been a fan of these guys for a while. The first album I heard by them was Lapsed, which was full of crushingly heavy stoner rock. The next album I heard was Batholith, which at times was just as heavy as Lapsed, but in the middle had a slow acoustic track called Hypnotists, which I absolutely loved. This album, while still managing to sound and feel heavy, is a lot quieter than the rest, a lot of the tracks are reminiscent of the acoustic Hypnotists off Batholith, though each song creates it's own atmosphere and the sound literally surrounds and swallows the listener and takes you exactly where I think Bardo Pond has been trying to take their listeners since they started out in 1991. My room mate came out of her room while I was listening to this and said it was "trippy", I guess that's an accurate way of describing it even though I hate that word and the pot-head retard culture related to it. Pretty mind-blowing whether or not you're on drugs.

Tracklist:
1. Just Once
2. Don't Know About You
3. Sleeping
4. Undone
5. Cracker Wrist
6. Await The Star
7. Wayne's Tune

Download: mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment