Thursday, January 13, 2011

O City City, I Can Sometimes Hear - Winter Mix January 2011



I have a pet cat, his name is Wilson, he's one of my best friends. He lives in my tiny basement suite with me. He must get lonely a lot because I usually work a lot so I'm not home much. I love him a lot, but I can't imagine his life being very exciting.  My landlords, who live upstairs, also have a pet cat, I don't know it's name. I've noticed my cat hangs out at the top of the stairs a lot by the door that connects the basement to the upstairs. During these days I've had off I've heard the two cats meowing back at forth to each other. A few minutes ago I went up stairs to grab a book that I left by the doorway when I came in from the doctors clinic yesterday, and saw my cat lying next to the door, the other cat had reached his paw underneath the door, and they were holding paws.

Here's a compilation of a few songs that have got me through this fairly mild winter. Some of these are vinyl rips, others aren't. Unfortunately, I don't own a record of absolutely everything I have on my ipod, which is what I listen to music on the most. Some of these songs will have notes, some won't because I either had nothing to say or just got too tired/lazy.

Tracklist:
1. Archers Of Loaf - Step Into The Light
I've always loved this Archers of Loaf track. Perfect song to listen to while waiting in a car in the middle of winter at night time while the drivers running into a store or something.
2. The Replacements - Bastards Of Young
Classic Replacements. I probably listened to this song almost every single time I walked home drunk from the bar for the last year. 
3. Alex Bleeker - These Days
Alex Bleeker of Real Estate fame. In the fall I was really into his LP with The Freaks, and I just got his These Days 7" in the mail yesterday, and it's rad.
4. Free Energy - Something In Common
B-side of one of their 7"'s. These guys put on one of the most fun live shows I've been to in a while. The night they played here was also the most snow fall we've had so far this winter.
5. The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron
Pop music keeps me warm.
6.  Grandmaster Melle Mel & The Furious Five - Beat Street
7. Sam Cooke - Another Saturday Night
8. Great Speckled Bird - Calgary
More Ian Tyson!
9. Leonard Cohen - Tonight Will Be Fine
10. Fleetwood Mac - I Know I'm Not Wrong
11. Teenage Fanclub - When I Still Have Thee
12. Guided By Voices - Girls Of Wild Strawberries
13. The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band - Here's Where You Belong
P.F. Sloan cover.
14. Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich - Save Me
15. Harry Nilsson - Subterranean Homesick Blues
16. Kid Dakota - Crossin' Fingers
17. Sloan - Bells On
I have a friend who can get really angry when he's drunk, Sloan calms him down. We listened to a lot of Sloan this winter.
18. Mogwai - George Square Thatcher Death Party
From their new album "Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will". 
19. Kimtak Building - The Misled Bat
Thanks to http://moraladventure.blogspot.com/
20. The Beach Boys - Surfs Up
My favorite beach boys song ever
21. The Rabbit - Babies
This is Matt Linkous's band. Matt Linkous is Mark Linkous from Sparklehorse's brother.
22. Spiritualized - Ladies And Gentleman We Are Floating In Space
This is the original studio recording of this song which includes the "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" part.
23. Sparklehorse - Sad And Beautiful World
Live recording
24. Mississippi John Hurt - Goodnight Irene
25. Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three

Download: mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment