Sunday, January 30, 2011

Darryl's Grocery Bag - A Simple Idea (2000)




I'm at my parents house this weekend watching the cats while they're at a fishing expo. I got bored so I did some searching through boxes of old shit in my old closet. I found a ton of old CD's. This is a band that's responsible for getting me into local music. My brother showed them to me when I was way younger and I thought they were rad. I was huge into what I thought was punk rock at the time and I totally dug this. Shortly after, I discovered college radio, and more inparticular a show called Punk Up The Volume on CJSW. I would listen to the show whenever it was on, and one day they had a contest where they were giving away spots on a guest list to a Darryl's Grocery Bag show. I called in and won. The next day, the same thing, same with the day after that. It was rad. I think I must have been in the seventh grade at the time and I had won like 8 guest passes to this show, so I took a ton of my friends and it was like nothing we had ever experienced before. Totally rad. Anyways, this is pop-punk that I thought was super cool back then and isn't too cool anymore, but totally nostalgic and a really fun listen. I rocked this cd so hard at grade 8 band camp.

I think these guys are still performing under some different name with a different style.

Tracklist:
1. Ultra Rock
2. Light Years Aren't So Long
3. Do You Like My Van?
4. Scenic Drive
5. Broken Buccaneer
6. July In January
7. Frozen Ropes
8. No Girls Allowed
9. Scribbles
10. Makin' 8
11. How's She Goin'
12. The Bug

Download: mediafire

1 comment: