Thursday, January 13, 2011

Guided By Voices - Hold On Hope EP (2000)



I really like this EP. It's a collection of outtakes from Do The Collapse, but I think it's better than most of the stuff on that album. I've always been a bigg fan of Guided By Voices more power-pop produced stuff (some of my favorite songs have to be My Kind Of Soldier, Fair Touching, and Teenage FBI) and this EP is full of stuff like that.

With that said, the review on pitchfork is really bad, but really hilarious. Does anyone really take pitchfork that seriously?

Tracklist:
1.Underground Initiations
2. Interest Position
3. Fly Into Ashes
4. Tropical Robots
5. A Crick Uphill
6. Idiot Princess
7. Avalanche Aminos
8. Do The Collapse
9. Hold On Hope
10. Surgical Focus
11. Sucker Of Pistol City
12. Picture Me Big Time (demo)

Download: mediafire

2 comments:

  1. I just thought that this EP only had nine tracks...but then there are 12?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vinyl pressing has 3 bonus tracks.

    ReplyDelete