Sunday, March 13, 2011

Slim Whitman - Country Songs/City Hits (1982)


1964 country album. I'm listening to this for the first time as I rip it, and actually it's the first time I've ever heard anything by Slim Whitman, but I found this record for a dollar at a thrift shop and it looked interesting so I picked it up. I think it's kind of obvious that I really enjoy old country music, and this is an enjoyable listen. I could be entirely wrong here, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was an attempt to cash in on the hype of Ray Charles "Modern Sounds In Country And Western" LP's. Though the style of this LP is completely different to the style of the Ray Charle's LP's, there's a write up on the back of this LP about how the point of this was to prove that country music can also sell well in the pop market. Also, Slim Whitman plays 2 songs on this that are also present on Modern Sounds In Country And Western Vol. 1.

Tracklist:
1. It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
2. You're The Reason
3. Ramblin' Rose
4. Little Bitty Tear
5. Born To Lose
6. From A Jack To A King
7. I'll Hold You In My Heart
8. I Fall To Pieces
9. I Can't Stop Loving You
10. No Other Arms, No Other Lips
11. Bouquet Of Roses
12. Just Out Of Reach

Download: mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment