Monday, March 21, 2011

Spiritualized - Lazer Guided Melodies (1992)

Spiritualized's debut album, sounds more like Spacemen 3 than the gospel influenced psychedelia of Spiritualized's later albums. Amazing dream pop. Unlike Spiritualized's other albums, which I had immediately taken a liking to the first time I'd heard most of them, this album took a while to grow on me. In fact, it wasn't until a couple weeks ago that I finally "got it". I was having a shitty day at work, and I came home and retired to my room, for some reason I picked this album, threw it on, cranked up my stereo, shut off my lights and zoned out, and it felt fucking great.

Tracklist:
1. You Know It's True
2. If I Were With Her Now
3. I Want You
4. Run
5. Smiles
6. Step Into The Breeze
7. Symphony Space
8. Take Your Time
9. Shine A Light
10. Angel Sigh
11. Sway
12. 200 Bars

Download: mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment